When the 2009 recession hit, our lives changed. We lost our comfortable lifestyles, businesses suffered, and markets circled the drain.
Our pockets were empty but one thing remained full: our sex drawers.
The sex toy industry actually grew during the recession, revealing our deepest priorities. Date nights became playdates, as couples turned off their spending and turned on their sex toys.
There’s one thing we refuse to sacrifice regardless of circumstances: sex. And as we progress as a culture, sexuality continues to seduce the spotlight. We can’t get enough sex. No matter what we tell our neighbors. And the exploding sex toy market is hard evidence.
Everyone Is Using Sex Toys
81% of American adults use sex toys. Although your barista at Starbucks probably won’t mention her sex toy while making your coffee, chances are she used it last night.
The best sex toy will change your life. It can reveal your inner sexuality and desires. But the wrong one will leave you disappointed. It can break easily, or as you’ll see, even cause serious medical problems.
Fear not— this ultimate guide to sex toys has everything you need to know, and then some. I’ll teach you everything. From how to use a butt plug (I know you’ve been wondering), to the best sex toys for couples, to the safest sex products and materials. For all people and genders, this guide fingers through all the ins and outs of sex toys — quite literally.
“Our pockets were empty but one thing remained full: our sex drawers.”
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: What Sex Toys Do For Your Quality Of Life
There’s more than meets the eye when it comes to sex toys. Yes they are your gateway to greatly improved masturbation and sex. But there is much more. In this chapter you’ll learn:
- Why sex toys are the key that unlocks a level of orgasm you may not know exists.
- Why owning a quality sex toy can actually make you healthier.
- How your sex toy can be a tool for anti-aging far more powerful than any creams, ointments or “magic pills” on the market today.
- Whether or not it’s safe to use a sex toy while you’re pregnant.
Chapter 2: Sex Toy Safety
Sex toy related injuries are the type you want to avoid. And they’re far more common than you might think. Sex toys are all fun and games, but safety comes first. In this chapter we’ll teach you:
- Which types of sex toy materials you should avoid at all costs if you don’t want rashes, infections or worse.
- Can you share your sex toy? Yes— but only if you follow the rules outlined in this chapter.
- Which type of silicone is taking the sex toy world by storm, thanks to its incredible safety and silk-like softness.
Chapter 3: Different Types of Vibrators and Sex Toys
When you’re finally ready to buy a sex toy, the many varieties can feel overwhelming. From butt plugs to cock rings to couples’ toys, this glossary of sex toys will show you where to start. In this chapter you’ll get:
- An easy quiz to learn which sex toy is best for your personality and desires
- A descriptive encyclopedia of sex toys— both normal and strange.
- A couple’s toy that will explode your pleasure and intimacy in the bedroom (and keep stale routines out)
Chapter 4: All About Sex Toys For Women
Being a woman is hard sometimes. That is, until you start experiencing multiple orgasms. Understanding your anatomy gives you the knowledge to take control of your own sexual satisfaction. When you add womens’ sex toys into the mix… let’s just say you’ll be a goddess of orgasms in no time. This chapter will teach you:
- How women are able to experience multiple orgasms in one sexcapade, and how sex toys are your key to unlocking them. Even if you’ve never experienced one before.
- The anatomy of your orgasm— once you really understand what’s going on in your body… you gain control over it (a must read for women who have trouble orgasming).
- How to choose the perfect dildo, vibrator or plug. There are so many options out there, it’s a good and a bad thing. Here’s how to get the perfect one for your body.
Chapter 5: All About Sex Toys For Men
Men’s sex toys have been taboo for a long time. Thankfully that’s changing— quickly. In this chapter you’ll learn all about great male sex toys that will take your orgasm—and performance—to the next level. Specifically:
- Forget dangerous “performance-enhancing” drugs. Use these highly affordable toys instead to gain total control
- More and more men are trying on anal penetration with sex toys… And loving it. Find out why anal sex feels so amazing, and just how many men are joining the party.
- Did you know that men can have two types of orgasms? Or even multiple orgasms without ejaculating? It has to do with aspects of your anatomy that no one is really talking about… (except us).
- Men have their very own G-spot— but it’s called the P-spot. By activating it with a prostate massager, you’ll have the best orgasm of your life by far.
Chapter 6: Guide to Sex Toys for Couples
If you’re wondering how to give your relationship that extra spice, look no further. Using sex toys in the bedroom can transform the connection you have with your partner. This chapter gives you the 101 on how to experience more pleasure together. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to have that conversation you’ve been avoiding. We’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to communicate about sex toys without stepping on any toes.
- The perfect gift for your lover on Valentine’s Day or that anniversary you sometimes forget. Here’s everything you need to know about buying your girlfriend or boyfriend a sex toy.
- What toys are best for partner play. Any sex toy can be a couples’ toy when you use it together, but some are specifically pleasing for parties of two.
Chapter 7: All About Anal Toys
Butt stuff is the new craze. Gone are the days of anal sex getting labeled as slutty, dirty, or gross. If you do it right, anal sex can be one of the most pleasuring sexual acts there is. This chapter shows you how sex toys make anal play accessible and more fun. For example:
- Butt plugs and anal beads aren’t the only anal toys on the market. There’s a whole slew of options to maximize back door pleasure. We’ll teach you how to choose.
- Why anal sex feels so good, and why the anus isn’t just an “exit only” hole.
- How to avoid pain and maximize pleasure for first time experiences.
Chapter 8: Sex Toy Accessories Make it Better
Every great sex toy needs a trusty companion— like the perfect bottle of lube. Or a beautiful silk blindfold. Sex accesories are the cherry on top of your sex toy experience. In this chapter we’ll clue you in on:
- The most exciting sex games, most useful sexual enhancement pills, most sensual massage oils, and more.
- The different types of lube and the one you definitely shouldn’t live without.
- Which household lubricants are safe and which to avoid.
- A few simple tweaks to try before making love that will bring an avalanche of new pleasures.
Chapter 9: Guide to Sex Toy Shopping
Don’t worry, we won’t make you go in that shady sex shop on the corner. And we won’t let you order from some online store that might give your computer a virus. Instead, we’ll teach you how the experts get their sex toys. Here are some of the things you don’t want to miss out on:
- The last thing you want on your doorstep is a big purple box with “DILDO” written on the side. Here’s how to order sex toys discreetly.
- How much a quality, effective sex toy should cost. (Hint: it’s less than you’re probably thinking)
- Which online sex shops are worth your time, and which aren’t. Plus we’ll give you tips on how to locate an in-person sex shop that won’t give you the creeps.
Chapter 10: Sex Toy Tips and Juicy Masturbation Techniques
So you have a sex toy. This is where it gets good. In this chapter we explore exactly how to use your sex toy to get face-melting orgasms. It’s packed with all kinds of outside-of-the-box tricks and techniques. Mainly:
- For women: simple techniques to reach clitoral or g-spot orgasms that are more satisfying than anything you’ve felt before. (And how to have delicious blended orgasms regularly.)
- For men: How to use cock rings and prostate massagers to amplify performance and multiply pleasure.
- Taking masturbation with your partner to the next level. Drop what you’re doing, grab your honey, and give it a go.
Chapter 11: How to Clean Sex Toys the Right Way
Cleaning your sex toy is the number one rule for responsible toy owners. Unfortunately, it’s not a straightforward process and a lot of the “dependable” sources out there aren’t giving accurate information. To avoid health risks, you need to dig into this chapter. Here’s why:
- Sex toys can be made of many different materials. Silicone toys require different treatment than glass toys. Failing to know the difference can mean a nasty infection. And who wants that?
- Making this one little mistake can end in a moldy sex toy. You should probably know what it is.
- Certain toys are porous, and others are non porous. Non porous toys can never be truly clean, so what are you supposed to do with them? We’ll tell you.
Chapter 12: The Symbolism of a Sex Toy
At the end of the day, a sex toy can change your life. But why, exactly? This chapter reveals a deeper meaning of sex toys in our everyday life and culture. We explore:
- How sex toys are the key to individual empowerment, confidence, and overall quality of life.
- The way sex toys can teach us to overcome lifelong sexual fears and insecurities that interfere with our sexual identity.
Your adventure into the wild and pleasurable world of sex toys is about to begin. First stop, Chapter 1: What Sex Toys Do For Your Quality Of Life